Welcome to the 2019-20 Edge soccer season!
I am looking forward to a great fall with lots of time spent on the sidelines getting to one another and cheering on our girls.
First welcome to all the new team members - some new to the Chicago Edge Soccer Club and some new to the Select team. I know the girls are excited to get to know one another and start the season.
Overview: This season the girls will be in the Illinois Women’s Soccer League (IWSL) U11 Division - DC1.
- Our team page, which includes our schedule, can be found here: https://www.iwsl.com/team.php?tea_num=CEF112
- Our division page, which includes a list of our opponents, updated scores and standings, can be found here: https://www.iwsl.com/divgames.php?div=U11DC1&tea_id=97497
Practices – Please be sure to have the girls to practice on time and ready to go.
Games – Please be sure to have the girls at the field of play 30 minutes prior, ready to warmup and play. This is critical to the success of the team and if they are going to be late please let Kris or I know as early as possible so that we can account for their absence.
Tournament – The fall tournament for the girls will be the Libertyville Octoberfest Soccer Tournament from October 11th – 13th - https://www.glsa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=193941
Our schedule for that weekend won't be available for a few weeks and so please keep your schedules open/flexible for that weekend. If you already know you will be out of town, please let us know at your earliest convenience.
Chicagoedgesc.com: We will use the Chicago Edge website and email to post game information the week of each game, as well as, other pertinent details.
- Please be sure to respond in a timely manner to the automated attendance emails by selecting greenfor "Yes, I can make it" or red for "No, I cannot make it".
- This is very important for practices so that Kris can have sufficient time to alter drills / scrimmages as needed and make the practices efficient and effective for our girls.
- These responses are also absolutely critical for games to allow for the time necessary to drum up subs, make thoughtful tactical and positional changes ahead of time, all of which will put the team in the best position to succeed on gameday.
GroupMe App: On the day of games, during tournaments, or for other more timely notifications, we will use the messaging app, GroupMe. Shortly you will receive details as to how to join GroupMe for our team.
The girls need the following equipment:
- Size 4 soccer ball - Please check this detail. A few of the girls are currently trying to play with a size 5 and it will hinder their development.
- Club issued practice uniform (socks, shorts, WHITE training top, shin guards & cleats) Please no colored shirts.
- Sweater (no hood) & hat as necessary
- Size 4 soccer ball
- Club issued game uniform (both colored jerseys - red & blue, socks, shorts, shin guards, cleats, team jacket) Both jerseys are required in the event we have to change colors at the match.
- No jewelry, including earrings, watches, bracelets, necklaces
- Hair secured with headband, braided, etc.
- Sweater (no hoods) or long sleeve shirts must be worn under their jersey to play
If you have any other questions about the season please reach out to Kris or I.
Excited to get the season started!